Text Size

The School

Founded in 1875, Eccleston C.E. Aided Primary School is a small village school housed in a Victorian sandstone building, surrounded by farmland. It lies in the village of Eccleston, within five minutes drive of Chester city centre, the Chester Southerly by-pass, and the A483 to Wrexham.

The school was extended in 1987 to accommodate pupils from nearby villages, and in 1994 the adjoining school house was converted to provide library and administrative facilities. Gradual expansion of the school has led to further changes. In 1999 alterations within School House allowed a further classroom to be added and in 2002 a one classroom extension and new playground was opened by Her Grace The Duchess of Westminster.
In 2004 saw the completion of another new classroom and the conversion of a part of the original building into a hall.

The school is now accommodates over 80 children across 3 classes. Many of the children, aged 4 to 11, live in nearby villages of Pulford, Rossett and Dodleston.
Some travel from Handbridge and Chester City Centre, not forgetting the children who live in Eccleston.
As well as the usual curriculum activities, after school clubs include tennis, art, drama, footbal and karate.

For further information see the school website at http://www.ecclestonprimary.org.uk

Eccleston Village Hall

The Village Hall is available for hire for Family Celebrations, Children’s Parties and Wedding Receptions. Enquiries from Clubs and Groups are welcome.

Read more..

Brain Rehabilitation

Since 2008 the registered charity The Brain Rehabilitation and Development Centre has been based in The Old Coach House at Eccleston

Read more..

Village Hall Bookings

No events